To make it easier for you to offer your buyers a cybersecurity assessment quickly we have created a template that you are welcome to copy, change in any way you wish, and then promote it to your customers or prospects. You may offer it as a free service, or charge for it.
By becoming a system user you get full use of the tool and you can develop as many other assessments as you wish.
The Cybersecurity template consists of two parts:
- the assessment - made up of sections, subsections, questions and available answers (much like the survey tools like Survey Monkey) and
- the feedback report - which is a word template which the system uses to produce the PDF report for the assessment respondent.
Both the assessment and the feedback report should be updated to reflect your branding.
Let's get started!
Get a feel for the Cybersecurity Template.
If you haven't tried it already you should run through the template like one of your buyers would. Answer all the questions so that the feedback report looks realistic. You can try it here: https://try-me.brilliantassessments.com/?external=cybersecurity This will help you decide what changes you want to make to personalize it to your needs.
Start a trial of Brilliant Assessments.
When you start a trial of Brilliant Assessments, the Cybersecurity Template is supplied. If you haven't already started a trial start here: https://try-me.brilliantassessments.com/Trial/Start
What help is there?
Lots! This is an article in the help text, which is comprehensive. There are also getting started videos that look at each of the components of Brilliant Assessments. You can view it all here: https://help.brilliantassessments.com. To help you get started we are happy to give you a personalized training session over web conferencing. You can book a session here: https://brilliantassessments.as.me
Start customizing your assessment.
- You set the color scheme for the Responses by going to the assessment menu and clicking Edit alongside the CyberSecurity Template.
Scroll down the page until you find the color pickers for Top Banner Colour, Bottom Banner Colour, and Default Colour.
Select each color picker and choose colors that best align with your brand. You normally place your logo on the Top and Bottom banners, so consider what will work best. Often white looks good and clean. The Default color is used to highlight selected choices in the response - so again should be complementary to your brand. Using the color pickers you can either pick a color or enter the code. Always click apply, and then save on the Assessment Edit screen.
To understand the other fields on the Assessment header, click Read more about Assessments.
- Upload your logos. Select Graphics on the Administration menu, and then Edit each of the Response Logo and Response Footer Logos.
This takes you to the edit screen, where you can replace the Brilliant Assessments logos, using the Upload Image box. Then click Save.
These logos will appear on top of the banners that you set the colors for above, so consider what is going to work. You may also like to set the email Header and Footer images now too. They will always appear on a white background. (Read more on Graphics)
Check your Work!
The best way to checking what you are doing is to create a test response. You can use one response for a lot of your testing because it will change as you change the underlying assessment. The easiest way to create this response is to click Add Response on the Responses Menu Item.
The Add Response screen will be displayed. The only fields you need to complete are the Assessment Name (choose from the list) Your Email, First Name, Last Name, and Business Name. (None of these are actually compulsory, but it helps identify this response as your test response.) For more information on the other fields available on the Response Header Read more about Responses.
Once you click save, you should receive an email from the system inviting you to complete the response. You can click the link on that or you can also view the response from the admin screen by selecting the Action Menu and View Response. (Once the response has been completed you will be able to view the Feedback PDF and the Feedback Word documents from here too.)
When you view the response, you will see the changes you made to the color scheme and the logos. You can go back and change them and the view the response again (or just refresh the response screen) to see your changes in action.
If you go right to the end of the response and click finish, you will see the feedback report. Because the response is then marked as completed you won't be able to use the email link anymore, but the Action Menu View Response always is available.
Customize the Assessment.
The Cybersecurity template is intended as a starting point, you can modify it as much as you wish, using the Assessment Builder. To initiate the Assessment Builder Click Builder on the Assessment.
The Assessment Builder is a full WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) tool that make it easy to view and change every element of the assessment.
There are several components to an assessment.
- Sections appear as a page both in the assessment builder and responses. Ratings are calculated at this level (as well as an overall rating and subsections.)
- Subsections are groups of questions that are rated to give a great granularity than sections. There must be at least one subsection of each section. Subsections are important for the building on the feedback report as you can display text based on their rating (score) for the group of questions. Subsections are sometimes hidden from the respondent while completing their response. In the Cybersecurity Template we have an Icon and a title for each subsection, these are actually held on the Instructions on the first question of each subsection.
- The Question text appears on the screen. Each Question has a potential score. The total of the Potential scores is divided by the total from the available answers to calculate the score and rating.
- Available Answers. Answers may be text, images or a number of other types but are often multi-choice answers. Where they are selectable (multi-choice (single selection), Multiple Choice (multiple selections), Dropdown lists, Rankings) they have a score associated with each answer. A question may appear with no answers if you want it to be a statement rather than a question.
- Instructions may appear before any question. By putting them on the first question, they will appear at the beginning of the response. They may include video and images. You can view the instructions in the builder by clicking the Show Instructions button at the top right of the Assessment Builder screen.
- Feedback drives the feedback report which the respondent normally receives at the end of completing their response. You can view the feedback in the builder by clicking the Show Feedback button at the top right of the Assessment Builder screen.
To learn how to use the Builder Read more here.
Customizing the Feedback Report
The feedback report can be
- emailed (as a PDF attached)
- Appear on the completion page of the response.
- Stored on the recipient portal, where you can direct them to see their document.
The Cybersecurity Template is initially set up be emailed and appear on the completion page. You can specify which of the above options you want by ticking them on the assessment records. You can have any combination of the above, or none (if you plan to send the feedback report manually).
The feedback report is built from these sources:
- A Microsoft Word template document that holds all the branding, formatting, imagery and "boilerplate text" required in the document. The boilerplate text will include headings and reference material that is required in every report. The merge strings required to include all of the system generated elements (below) are included in the template. The formatting (font, size, color etc) is determined by the formatting that has been applied the merge string.
- Text and/or an image based on the overall rating (often shown accompanied by a graph)
- Graphics at any level, Assessment wide, sections and subsections (and Segmentations if used). Graphics available include Guage (or Donut) charts, Horizontal bar charts, Vertical Bar Charts, Spider Charts, Line Charts and Pie Charts.
- Text based on the rating for a subsection (a group of related questions).
- Text based on individual answers.
- Text entered into the system by the respondent as Individual Answers.
- Scores at any level, Assessment wide, sections and subsections (and Segmentations if used).
The detail of the merge strings required for the above is available here.
The template feedback report is available to download to modify to make your own feedback report at the bottom of this article. We suggest you start by cutting and pasting the document onto your letterhead and then work from there, updating it to your requirements.
Once you have completed the template changes you can upload it to the system in the assessment (header) edit screen - click Edit on the Assessment list.
Then scroll down to the Report Template box:
Once you have chosen the file (on your PC's file system) click Save. (Read more about the Assessment Edit screen).
Customizing the Email Templates
The system holds several different types of email templates that you should update to your branding. In particular, the Forgotten Password, the Cybersecurity Welcome (automatically sent when a Response header is added) 14 Day Delay (automatically sent if the response hasn't been completed after the time specified on the Assessment for the reminder) and Completion (which accompanies the feedback report.)
Click Edit alongside the email and the Edit Email Screen will be displayed.
- Delete the Brilliant Assessments logos (header and footer by clicking on them and hitting the Delete key.
- Insert an image with your logo from the graphics table by clicking on the Picture icon (see details on how to add to the graphics table above).
- Change every occurrence of [your company] to your company's name.
- Update the template wording in any way you wish.
- Click Save.
By default, emails will be sent from the firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox. You can configure the system to send emails from your email mailbox in the settings screen. (Read more about the Settings Screen)
Brilliant Assessments has multiple methods that respondents can work with the system.
- A system administrator or assessment manager can create a response record, which will normally send an email to the respondent with a link to the assessment.
- You could have a link on your website or emails so that a user can create a response “on the fly.” The URL is specified up with a unique ID, in the format: [company].brilliantassessments.com/?external=cybersecurity
- You can have integration to your website, Salesforce or other CRM’s or systems using our API (Application Program Interface)
- Respondents can follow a link from your website to a list of Available Assessments. The URL is https://[YourCompany].brilliantassessments.com/Available/Index.
Available Assessments can have a price associated, and the system can take credit card payments using Stripe and the launch the response directly.
- Available Assessments are also listed in the Respondents Portal. Respondents input into the system will receive an email inviting them to the Respondents Portal, or you can direct respondents who have completed previous responses there.
Cybersecurity Feedback Report Template