- Assessment Name. Freeformat name for the assessment
- Assessment Description. The Description is used in the Respondent Portal and the Available Assessments List, to give a longer description of what the assessment provides. Assessments only appear in the respondent portal or the Available Assessments List if you have them specified in the Assessment Availability table (Read more about Assessment Availability)
- Version. While you can name the version how you wish; we recommend it should be and incrementing number. When creating a response the system will default to the latest version (highest number). You can copy an assessment to make a new version. Once you are using the assessment live to gather responses, it is best practice to make a new version when making substantial changes the assessment so that responses match the assessment. If you are making small changes (maybe just adding one question) you can update the same version.
- External ID. The External ID is used on a URL when there is an “Auto Create Response.” The system will automatically create a response when a user enters the system using a URL with this code. The Is Auto Create Response indicator must also be on (detailed below). External ID's must not contain blanks or special characters other than - or _ (More details on linking to assessments from your website or email)
- Language. The Language field is only completed if multi lingual assessments are in use. Select the language for this assessment.
- Default Days To Completion. If you want to specify a requested completion date, specify the number of days after the assessment date that you would like that.
- Days To Reminder Email. The days to reminder email is used to calculate when a reminder email is sent if a template exists for this assessment.
- Note Additional fields may appear when the system is being used for training. They are documented below.
- Report Template. Use this field to upload the Report Template for this assessment, used for the creation of the Feedback Report. Once a report template is uploaded there is also a link to download the latest version from the system. (Read more on Giving Feedback)
- Top Banner Colour. Specify the colour code for the banner at the top of the response. Normally this would match the background colour of the logo or image you specify for the top of the response (by adding an entry to the graphic table with the type of Survey Logo). The banner will be the full width of the screen.
- Bottom Banner Colour. Specify the colour code for the banner at the bottom of the response. Normally this would match the background colour of the logo or image you specify for the bottom of the response (by adding an entry to the graphic table with the type of Survey Footer). The banner will be the full width of the screen.
- Default Colour. Specify the default colour code for the look and feel of the response. This determines the colour of the boxes and buttons.
- Assessment Type. Specify if this is a Phased Assessment. Use the Assessment type of Normal unless you want a Phased Assessment. A phased assessment is one completed by different respondents. (Read more on Phased Assessments)
- Default BCC Email. The Default BCC is used to set up the Response BCC field. It is primarily intended for use when the Auto Create Response is used and might be set to the email address of the Assessment Administrator for this assessment, so they are notified when someone completes a response.
- Auto Create Response. Indicates that a response can be created automatically for this assessment. Usually, this will be when it is linked to from your website or group email. The system will create a response automatically. The URL must include the External ID. (More details on linking to assessments from your website or email)
- Assessor Answers. Do not Tick this box unless an assessor is using the system. If an assessor is using the system, it does not display the report on completion but rather returns to the administration screen. Also, a field for an adviser name does not appear on the response. Emails are not sent if this box is ticked.
- Show Report On Completion. Tick this if the PDF report should be accessible to the user on completion. In this case, the system will display a screen at the end with a button to view the PDF Report. Explanatory text for this screen can be added to the Website Text table.
- Take User To Respondent Portal. Tick this if you wish to display the Respondent Portal on completion. The respondent will be asked to register (if they aren't already) by supplying a password. From that point on they can log in at any time to view their previous responses.
- All Questions Must Be Answered. Tick this box if all questions must be answered to move between sections and save the completed survey. Respondents can “Save Progress,” but not complete the survey until all answers are selected. If only some question are compulsory, use the Required Checkbox on those questions.
- Email Report On Completion. Tick this box if you want the system to email the report on completion automatically. If this is ticked, make sure you have an email template with an email type of Completion.
- Show Score in Survey. This checkbox indicates the that the score page should be a menu item. To be effective, the system requires that the Section Menu Checkbox in the Settings screen is also selected. This is useful for checking scoring at all different levels (assessment, sections, sub sections, segmentations), or to allow assessors completing an assessments access to the scores.
- Save / Save and go to Assessment Builder. You can save the assessment (and return to the assessment list or save it and proceed immediately to the assessment builder.
There are additional fields displayed on this screen if Settings field “Certifications Issued” checkbox is ticked.
22. Days to Resit if Not Certified. If the assessment is a certification and the certification is not passed this is the number of days before an email will be automatically sent to re-sit the assessment (providing the template exists). The indication whether the certification is passed is the Certified Checkbox on the Rating record (Read more about Ratings).
23. Days to Resit if Certified. If the assessment is a certification and the certification is passed this is the number of days before an email will be automatically sent (providing the template exists) for the respondent to update the certification (e.g.365 days for annual).
24. Certificate Template. If the assessment is a certification and the certification is passed this is template for the certificate that will be produced.