- Question Number determines the order. To change the order just change the numbers to be in sequence. Otherwise, just drag and drop the section in the menu panel, the system will renumber automatically.
- Question Text as it appears on the response screen. Questions can include merge strings for Question Piping (Read more about Question Piping).
- Question Short Name. Use this field in internal reporting (not the feedback or cohort report) to group answers used for categorization. For example, if the Question was “What is your annual revenue?” the Short Name might be “Revenue.” Smart Question Short Names drive synchronization between the response list and the answers. If a response record is created by the administrator - matching questions will be pre-populated. If the response is initiated using an external link or from the Available Assessments list then the answer will populate the response record created. Note that the questions must be in Section 1 if the assessment.
- "Your name" will synchronize with the Name field in the Response List.
- "First name" will synchronize with the Name field in the Response List.
- "Last name" will synchronize with the Name field in the Response List.
- "Business name" will synchronize with the Business field in the Response List.
- "Email Address" will synchronize with the Email address and can be used to mail the report to the respondent.
- For 360 Initiations If "Role" is used and the Answer Short Text matches the Role of the person competing the Response then that answer (which should be a Single Choice answer type) will be selected. (The role is then often used to separate subsequent questions that are intended for the subject from people assessing the subject using the Conditional Question functionality).
- For 360 Initiations If "Subject" is used and the Answer Short Text is Subject First Name or Subject Last Name then the subjects name will be synchronized. (This is often used to show the Subjects name in subsequent questions using Question Piping)
- Smart Questions populated in this way may be Hidden (see Hidden Questions below) so that the respondent can not change the answers. If they are hidden they can still be referred to in Conditional Questions and Question Piping.
- The Question Type indicates how it will appear on the response entry screen.
- Inline – Answers run down the page inline with the Questions. Inline is ideal where the available answers are different for each question, or they are not multi-choice.
- Matrix – Answers run across the page. Typically, these are scoring type questions (say 1 – 7) and there are multiple questions.
- Ranking – For Ranking questions, the questions are inline, but grouped Ranking questions are where the respondent is asked to rank their top n items from a list in order of preference. (Read more on Ranking Questions)
- Potential Points. These are used to calculate the score. Some assessments have all the questions with the same potential score; others weight certain questions by giving a higher potential score and higher proportionate answer scores.
- Instruction Text. This text will appear before the Question. By putting it on the first question for the assessment, section or subsection, it can introduce the assessment, section or subsection. Instruction Text can include merge strings for Question Piping (Read more about Question Piping)
- To insert images into the instruction text, they must first be uploaded to the graphics table (Read more about Graphics) with an unspecified Graphic Type.
- Insert a table into the text
- View and update the HTML for the Instruction text.
- Choose a Style for the instruction Text.
- Clean the HTML. We highly recommend cleaning the HTML after pasting text from websites or word. It removes the HTML from the text, allowing you to format the text consistent with the standards used in this product.
- Rule a line. This button places a thin gray line in the text of the same format used by the system between inline questions.
- To Insert a Video into the instruction text, they must first be uploaded to the graphics table (Read more about Graphics) with a type of Image.
- Selecting a Default Answer will add answers from the Default Answers List when you add the question. You can add to your Default Answers List to speed up adding questions. Once the answers are added you can change them in any way you wish. (Read more about Default Answers)
- Select this tab to add Question Conditions. (Read more about Question Conditions)
- Select this tab to specify Reporting Text. Reporting Text is used instead of Answer Text on the Feedback Report for Multiple Choice Questions. Each answer selected may have a number of points assigned, and the Report Text tab allows you to specify a range of scores that each text option applies to. Note:
- Unless you are using Multiple Choice Answers it is recommended that you use Report Text on the Available Answers instead.
- For each subsection, the reporting text from Questions will appear after all of the Available Answer Report Text for that subsection, regardless of the question order within the subsection.
- The Advanced Tab gives access to the following
- Hidden Questions - which are used pass information into the assessment response without the respondent being able to modify it. Typically the data is populated using Smart Question Short Names, and are subsequently referred to for Conditional Questions and Question Piping.
Tip: If you enter a Question with no answers – it will appear as Text within the response entry screen. This technique can be useful for an initial question before Matrix or Ranking Questions.
Tip: A Question with no answers can also have a blank text. This feature is useful for showing the instruction text on its own. For example, you could have an introductory section with just one blank question and full instruction text as an introduction to the assessment. Alternatively, you could use this approach to give feedback within the response entry screen (displaying the text conditionally on previous answers).
17. If Segmentations is enabled (in the Settings Screen) this additional panel will display with the Segmentations entered in the Segmentations function (Read more about Segmentations). You can select any number that apply to this question. The Feedback report has a comprehensive Segmentation reporting capabilty.