This function is only available on the menu if the Cohort Initiation Checkbox on the Settings screen is selected.
Cohort Initiations are typically used for:
- team assessments
- 360's and 180's
- individuals, where there are multiple responses from one respondent (before and after or change over time).
but it is not limited to that.
There are three different Cohort Initiation creation approaches available:
- The System Administrator or Assessment Manager can create the Cohort Initiation for the Subject, and then upload all of the respondents (who will receive an email type Cohort Respondent inviting them to complete their response).
- The System Administrator or Assessment Manager can create the Cohort Initiation for the Subject, and send an email of type Cohort Initiation inviting them to specify the respondents (who will receive an email type Cohort Respondent inviting them to complete their response).
- If the Assessment is setup for External initiation of the Cohort, the Subject can create the Cohort Initiation and then specify the respondents (who will receive an email type Cohort Respondent inviting them to complete their response). It is possible to have a credit card charge on this option.
Both the user Initiation Screen and Respondent screens can be in any language.
The system can optionally automatically produce the cohort report and email it (using a Cohort Report type email template) to the subject or contact on a predefined Completion date, provided the required number of responses have been received. The completion date and the required number of responses are defined by the administrator when they initiate the Cohort. Step by step set up instructions are available.
The system administrators/assessment managers view:
Cohort Initiations List
- Add an Initiation. An Initiation creates invitations to respondents, creates responses groups by subject, and manages the automatic production of the cohort report.
- CSV Template. Download a CSV template to facilitate the uploading of multiple initiations. See Details in the CSV Upload Section Below.
- Upload. Upload the updated CSV template once you have added subject details.
- The List screen shows existing initiations and their status. The Action menu allows you to
- Edit the Initiation Record
- view or edit the respondents for the initiation
- view all emails sent for this initiation. When viewing the emails sent you can resend them. If you resend the report the system will requeue the report for reproduction in the next overnight Cohort reporting run.
Cohort Initiation Add/Settings
- Assessment. The Assessment Name which is used for the Cohort assessment
- Cohort Report Name. The Cohort Report that is to be produced on Completion Date. This report is produced automatically provided the minimum number of responses have been received. (Note: On the Cohort Report screen you can specify an alternate report that is produced if the date completion date is past but the minimum number of responses have not been completed.
- Organization. The position in the Organization structure that this initiation should be linked to. This controls which Assessment Managers can access this data.
- Email Address of the Subject of the Cohort. In the context of a 360 Feedback, this is the subject of the 360. For other applications, it is still required, even though it may not be required or shown in the report.
- Subject Name (first and last)
- Business Name. optional field
- Group Name – Group names are loaded using the Lookup Lists. Group names can be used for reporting, either as a filter or a dimension.
- Customer Type. This customer Type is not used in the creation of the responses. (The customer Type from the Roll Lookup List is used)
- Request Date
- Completion Date. This date is the "closing date" for responses. The cohort report will be produced after this date, provided the required number of responses have been received, or an alternate report is specified on the Cohort Report record. If there are not enough responses immediately after the completion date the system will keep checking it daily until there is.
- Minimum number of responses. This number is required for the cohort report to be automatically produced. Cohort Reports for this subject can be produced manually for administrators and Assessment Managers.
- BCC Report Address – used to automatically send a copy of the report to an adviser at the same time as it is sent to the respondent.
- When Save is clicked an email (of the Email Type Welcome Cohort Initiation) is sent to the Subject, which gives them the link to the Cohort Initiation Invite Respondents Screen.
Cohort Initiation CSV Upload
Download a CSV template to facilitate the uploading of multiple initiations. The Heading line must be left unchanged. The required fields are:
- Cohort Report
- Email (Subjects or Contacts)
- SubjectLastName (unless the Cohort is a group)
The Cohort Type on the Assessment Settings specifies whether the cohort is a Group, 360, or Single Respondent.
Tip: If your CSV has Unicode characters (eg Russian, Chinese Japanese) in the assessment or respondent name, you need to "Save As" the file and select "CSV UTF-8" as the file type. This is not required for accented characters that occur in Spanish etc)
|AssessmentName||Assessment Name, including the version number|
|CohortReportName||Cohort Report Name, must be a valid Cohort Report linked to the specified Assessment|
|Email Address of the subject or Contact|
|CompletionDate||Completion Date. This date is available for emails and if an automated report is set up, it will be produced on the night of this date, providing the minimum number of responses have been received.|
|SubjectFirstName||Subject First Name. If the Cohort is a Group, enter the group name here.|
|SubjectLastName||Subject Last Name. If the Cohort is a Group, leave this field blank.|
|CustomerTypeCode||Customer Type Code - If required, must be the one Character code for the Customer Type. For 360's this is often set from the Cohort Role, so should be left blank here|
|GroupName||Group Code if applicable|
|CopyInAddress||Copy In Address the BCC for the Cohort Report, if used. Also copied to the responses if feedback reports are emailed.|
|SuppressEmails||Suppress Emails - set to 1 if no emails should be sent.|
|OrganisationLevel1||Organization Level 1|
|OrganisationLevel2||Organization Level 2 (Level 1 must also be set)|
|OrganisationLevel3||Organization Level 3 (Level 2 must also be set)|
|OrganisationLevel4||Organization Level 4 (Level 3 must also be set)|
|OrganisationLevel5||Organization Level 5 (Level 4 must also be set)|
|MinRespondents||Minimum number of Respondents for the report to be produced.|
|Assessor||Assessor Name, if applicable|
|Role||Role Name of the subject or contact (on the Assessment Roles)|
|ReassessmentDate||Reassessment Date, only applicable when the Cohort Type (on the Assessment Settings) is Single Respondent. Allows you to set up when the first reassessment email will be generated.|
|FirstReportDate||First Report Date, only applicable when the Cohort Type (on the Assessment Settings) is Single Respondent. Allows you to set up when the first report will be generated.|
|ContactFirstName||Contact First Name only applicable when the Cohort Type (on the Assessment Settings) is Group. The subject is the Group name, the contact name is used with the email as the Group Contact.|
|ContactLastName||Contact Last name, same rules as the First Name|
|ReportIdentifier||Report Identifier - used when the role is not being used, but the Report Identifier is still being populated.|
|SendInvitations||Send Invitations set to 1 if you want the system to automatically send respondent invitations and create response records for the subject and all Raters specified below.|
|[Classifiers]||All Classifiers will be available for Input. This may include classifiers not associated with this assessment, which should be left blank. The classifiers will populate the response records for all responses linked to the cohort Initiation|
|Rater1Email||Email address for the first additional rater (other than the subject)|
|Rater1FirstName||The first name for the first additional rater (other than the subject)|
|Rater1LastName||The Last name for the first additional rater (other than the subject)|
|Rater1Role||Role name for the first additional rater from the assessment roles (other than the subject)|
|The above 4 fields are repeated for a total of 10 raters.|
Cohort Initiations Invite Respondents
The screen shown here is the User version of this screen. The Administrators screen has the same functionality.
- The branding for this screen uses the settings for the Respondent Portal. The header and footer banner colors are the Respondent Portal header and footer colors, specified on the settings screen. The logos are the Respondent Header and Respondent Footer Graphics loaded into the Graphics function.
- The text beneath the heading is held on the Website Text. with a Type of Cohort Initiations
- Add Respondent. When first entering this screen the subject is defaulted into to the Recipient list providing there is a role of "Yourself". The Subject can add an unlimited number of respondents by entering their details in the Add Respondent function.
- Send Invitations. Once the Respondent list is built the Subject can Send Invitations to the respondents. The Email sent uses the template of the type Cohort Recipient.
- Respondent List. The list of people invited. The Subject can check that emails have been sent but they can not tell who has responded.
- Role The Role is selected from the available Cohort Roles on the Lookup Lists table.
- Invitation Sent indicates whether the invitation has been emailed to this respondent. If No clicking "Send Invitations" will send the Invitation email to those that haven't previously been invited only.
The Invitations create responses, listed on the responses list.