A Response settings record may be created using this screen or in a number of other ways (Read more), including using a link from your website. In that case, certain fields can be populated from text answers to questions in your assessment. Nothing other than the Assessment field is mandatory.
There are additional fields displayed on this screen if the Settings field “Use Business Details” checkbox is ticked. These are documented at the end of this section.
- Assessment. Select the Assessment that this response will use. If there are multiple versions of the assessment, the system will select the latest version.
- Organization. This field only appears if your internal Organization Structure has been set up in the system. Organization Structures are used when there are multiple companies using the system, or your organization has several divisions or departments using the system and want the responses to be managed separately. If an Organization name is selected that has more levels; those levels will be prompted for.
- Email Address. Enter the email address that the response invitation and other emails should be sent to. If you have a question in the assessment with a Question Short Name of 'Email Address' this field will be copied across.
- First Name. Enter the respondent's first name. If you have a question in the assessment with a Question Short Name of 'First Name' or 'Your name' this field will be copied across.
- Last Name. Enter the respondent's last name. If you have a question in the assessment with a Question Short Name of 'Last Name' or 'Your name' this field will be copied across.
- Business Name. Enter the Business Name (if appropriate). If you have a question in the assessment with a Question Short Name of 'Business name' this field will be copied across.
- Report Identifier. This field is used for Cohort Reporting only. It is the identifier that you want this response to appear as. Often it will be the person's name, but it may be, for example, their role. In this case, all of the responses with that role would be averaged in the cohort report.
- Group Name. Group names are completely flexible as to how you use them in the system. They are loaded using the Lookup Lists. Group names can be used for reporting, either as a filter or a dimension.
- Customer Type. Like Group Names, Customer Types are completely flexible as to how you use them in the system. They are loaded using the Lookup Lists. They have additional capabilities: different Emails Templates and Website Text can be used according to Customer Type, and customer types can be used for reporting.
- Assessment Date. Optional field
- Requested Completion Date. This field may be used in the email template as a merge string to request a completion date.
- BCC Report Address. This field is used to automatically send a copy of the report to an adviser at the same time as it is sent to the respondent. It can be defaulted from the Assessment record, using the Default BCC Email field.
- Suppress Emails – Ticking this checkbox will stop the system sending the welcome and 14-day reminder emails (but not the completion email if that is configured).
- Subject. - This field only appears (as a non-modifiable field) if the Cohort Report Initiation Checkbox in the settings screen is ticked. The subject field is only populated from the Cohort Initiation screen. (Read more about Cohort Initiations)