Advanced Rating Types are used for more complex rating requirements where more that one rating should be calculated from each response.
The most common use is to be able to report different ratings or colors for subsections and / or sections. All of the graphs, score and rating merge strings accept a RatingType parameter which is used to override the data for that merge string. If you setup one or more Advanced Ratings they will be calculated, and available for reporting, at all levels - Response/Section/Subsection/Segmentations.
You can also used Advanced Ratings to calculate alternate scores. For example, you may want to weight subsections differently for a separate score and rating. You can set up the weightings in the same way as you can weight subsections on the Base Rating Type. See Pro Tip 4 in the Scoring article.
You access Advanced Ratings by clicking the Advanced Ratings button at the bottom of the Rating List screen.
- Add a new Rating Type
- The ID is assigned by the system. You use that on the RatingType parameter on Merge Strings in the feedback report to indicate that you want the system to use a different set of ratings (e.g. Ratingtype=104). The default is the Base Rating Type which is created automatically by the system.
- The name is used internally only.
- The Links allow you to:
- Edit - allows you to change the name. No other data is held at this level.
- Ratings - add or modify the ratings associated with this Rating Type. These are set up in exactly the same way as the standard Rating functionality (Read more about Ratings)
- Subsections - allows you to weight subsections in the calculation of this Rating Type's Scores and Ratings. This value can also be entered in the subsection Dialogue Box in the Builder.
- Questions - allows you to weight questions in the calculation of this Rating Type's Scores and Rating