You can either use our API or Zapier to integrate with other systems. Zapier can be set up by business users - whereas using the API requires some development expertise.
Zapier is a third party tool (www.zapier.com) that allows you to integrate to over 1500 different applications
We have created a connector (using our API) in Zapier to create a response record. Provided you have a welcome email template set up, the purchaser will receive an email inviting them to complete the response.
You can get access to the connector by contacting support.
Below is a step by step example of setting up integration with Ecwid (as an example eCommerce site) using Zapier. Zapier calls these integrations Zaps. It is expected that most eCommerce integrations will work the same way so the majority of this example applies regardless of the system being integrated to.
- In Brilliant Assessments, if an API key exists in the field on the Settings screen copy it to your clipboard. If the field is empty, create an API key by clicking the + button.
- Sign up to Zapier at Zapier.com. You may be able to use the free plan.
- Request access to the Brilliant Assessments Connector by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will receive an email from Zapier with a link to install the Brilliant Assessments connector.
- Once that is installed go to the My Zaps page in Zapier, and click "Make a Zap".
- Zapier will request that you specify the trigger app. Search for and select the eCommerce system (e.g.Ecwid).
- Chose the Trigger event of New Order
- Sign in to Ecwid - clicking the sign in button will take you to Ecwid to sign in.
- Customize your Order - specify how you want to select orders. In this case we wanted Paid orders awaiting processing.
- You then should Find data. Providing you have a test order set up, your zap should find it.
- When you click continue, you will be prompted for the second part of the Zap, "Do this". Search for Brilliant Assessments
- Once you select Brilliant Assessments, you will be prompted to select an action event, choose "Create a Response".
- You will then be invited to Connect to an account
- A new window will be displayed asking you to enter the API key. Paste in the API key from Step 1.
- Test the account and then Save and Continue
- The next step is to customize your response, - select the fields from the eCommerce system that you need to populate the response. The External ID should be the external ID for your assessment which is set on the Assessment settings screen. If there may be other products that may be ordered, that do not require an assessment, you can effectively ignore those orders by having an external ID that doesn't match an assessment. If you are using this technique you should also set the field "Return OK on Validation Failure" to True. If you are not using that technique you should set the field "Return OK on Validation Failure" to False so you are properly notified of errors.
- When you click Continue, you can Test your zap. Click Test and Continue
- Check that a response was created in Brilliant Assessments. Once you are satisfied, you can turn on your zap, and you are done.