You can either use our API or Zapier to integrate with other systems. Zapier can be set up by business users - whereas using the API requires some development expertise.
Zapier is a third party tool (www.zapier.com) that allows you to integrate to over 1500 different applications including all of the popular CRMs.
We have created a connector (using our API) in Zapier to give access to the data. You can get access to the connector by contacting support.
Below is a step by step example of setting up integration with Hubspot using Zapier. Zapier calls these integrations Zaps. The CRM is referenced only the last few steps of the Zap- the majority of this example applies regardless of the system being integrated to.
- In Brilliant Assessments, if an API key exists in the field on the Settings screen copy it to your clipboard. If the field is empty, create an API key by clicking the + button.
- Sign up to Zapier at Zapier.com. To use the integration on an ongoing basis you will need to use at least the Starter plan ($20 pm) because you need a 3 step zap. You will be able to use that plan for other integrations as well though.
- Request access to the Brilliant Assessments Connector by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will receive an email from Zapier with a link to install the Brilliant Assessments connector.
- Once that is installed go to the My Zaps page in Zapier, and click "Make a Zap".
- Zapier will request that you specify the trigger app. Search for and select Brilliant Assessments.
- The only choice for the Trigger is To Get Completed Responses. This passes Zappier recently completed responses as a list. Click Save and Continue.
- You will then be invited to Connect to an account
- A new window will be displayed asking you to enter the API key. Paste in the API key from Step 1.
- Test the account and then Save and Continue
- Select a Test Response. The responses will only show you a Response ID of a completed response.
- Once the Response codes have been selected, we need to tell Zapier what to do with them - adding an Action Step.
- Once again Select Brilliant Assessments
- The Only choice is to Get Response. This api passes all the details about a response, based on a specified response ID. Click Continue
- This establishes a new connection - Click Test then Save + Continue.
- The system will then list all of the fields you can pass to this API. For the Response ID, select the value from the previous API
- From the dropdown List - pick the Response ID. The test response ID is shown as a sample.
- Next, if you want the system to pass the result to any questions, enter the Question Path using the notation "Sn SSn Qn" In the example below, Section 5, SubSection 2, Question 10. You can specify 10 questions that you want the answer available to pass to the integration app (in this case Hubspot).
- You can then test that part. The system will list all the data that is returned from the response. Note especially the results of any Question Paths you have specified - the Answer to the specified Question that the respondent selected should appear.
- Once you are happy with what the system is passing to your zap, specify where the data is going. Enter the name of the App.
- In our Example, Hubspot has different options. We want to Create or Update a contact.
- We now have to connect to a Hubspot account
- If you are logged on to Hubspot it will pick up your Hubspot instance automatically. Otherwise, log on to Hubspot. Click Save + Continue
- All of the fields available to be populated with HubSpot are now listed. This includes any custom fields you have created in Hubspot. To chose the field to populate each value, select the field list.
- You want the fields from Get Response. The fields will be listed and you should select the correct source field to populate this field.
- The field will display back with data from the sample response.
- Once you have specified all the fields you can test the integration.
- Check the target application that the record has been created correctly.