Using Brilliant Assessments you can create assessments and obtain responses in any number of languages. To set this up for the first time at you site you need to:
- Add the languages that you wish to use to the Lookup table - read more about languages. You can specify the language codes, we recommend that you use either the ISO 2 character or the ISO 3 character codes.
- Translate the buttons and labels on the response screen to those languages using the translations table
- If you use the available assessments list screen, also translate the buttons and labels on that screen to those languages using the translations table.
For each Assessment:
- We recommend you copy an existing assessment (if one exists) to retain the structure of the assessment, scoring etc.
- Edit the assessment to change its name and specify the language of an assessment.
- Also in the assessment edit screen, If you use external ids to launch responses you must give the assessment a unique ID - for example append the language code on the end of the External ID. Not that the External ID can not include spaces.
- Using the Assessment Builder translate each element of the assessment:
- Section names,
- Subsection Rating Text (subsection names are optional because they don't appear on the response screen)
- Question Text, and Instructions on Questions. Normally Question Short Name will be left in the original language.
- Answer Text and Report Text on Answers. Normally the Answer Short Name will be left in the original language.
- For the page at the completion of the response you can specify the language of Website Text and translate that page
- Translate the response related emails for the assessment
- Translate the Feedback Report in word and the upload it to the assessment using the assessment edit Report Template field.