Segmentations allows for unlimited additional levels of scoring, rating, and reporting (in both the feedback and cohort reports). All scores, ratings, and graphics can be reported by segmentations, possibly alongside the normal response/section/subsection structure.
If implemented Segmentations can be specified for:
- each question or calculation, regardless of where it appears in the assessment. Each question or calculation can be linked to no, one or more segmentations.
- question answers. Answer segmentations allow for each answer to a question to be linked to a different segmentation.
To implement segmentations, the first step is to tick the "Allow Segmentations checkbox on the Settings Screen.
A new menu item "Segmentations" will appear in the Administration menu.
In the Assessment Builder,
- an additional panel is added to the Questions dialog box to prompt the selection of the Segmentations that this question applies to. (Read more about Questions)
- an additional panel is added to the Answers dialog box Advanced Scoring tab to prompt the selection of the Segmentations that this answer applies to. (Read more about Available Answers)
The system will automatically calculate Segmentation scores that can then be reported in the Feedback and Cohort reports.
The Segmentation List appears when you enter the Segmentation function. From here you can
- Add a new Segmentation
- Manage Segmentation Groups that can be used to filter Segmentations on reports. Segmentation Groups means that you can have many separate groups of segmentation all measuring and reporting different things. You can have Segmentations that are not members of any group.
- Edit Segmentations and Segmentation Ratings Segmentation Ratings allow you to create text for the feedback report.
Segmentation Add Edit
- Give the Segmentation a name
- Number the Segmentation for ordering. Do not duplicate numbers. This number is used to refer to the Segmentation using the SegmentationNo parameter in the Feedback and Cohort reports
- Choose a Segmentation Group if you wish to filter by Group in your reports
- Choose a color if you wish to override the normal rating based the color scheme on graphics.
Select the Rating you are adding /Editing Text for.
- Rating Text. This option only appears if you have selected "Show Alternate Report Texts" on the Settings form. You can have up to 5 separate versions of the Rating Text, and selecting which one to use on reports using the RepText parameter. The default is Report Text 1.
- Save the Rating Text - Use this button to save rating text changes before displaying another Rating Text.
- Text Editor -Buttons Row 1
- Align text left
- Centre text
- Align test right
- Justify text
- Bullet Points
- Indent (an additional Outdent button appears if Indent is selected)
- Create a link to an external URL
- Import an Image held on the Graphics table
- Insert file (Not Available)
- Add table. A selector is shown to pick the size of the table (rows and columns) Once a table has been added additional buttons are shown to manage the table (to assist in adding and deleting rows and columns)
- HTML - view and modify the underlying HTML for the text.
- Format - Pick whether this text should be shown as a heading (1-4) or paragraph (normal text). The default is Paragraph.
- Clear Formatting - Important for removing all of the hidden formatting when copying text from other systems.
- Text Editor -Buttons Row 2
- Change the font. This will override the font of the merge string.
- Change the size. This will override the size of the merge string.
- Text color
- Ruler - to place a light grey line across the text.
- Text Editor Row 3 - Merge Fields These fields are used for Question and Answer Piping
- Select Answer Text or Report Text (which you want to merge into the text)
- Select the Question you wish to merge in the Answer or Report Text from. Displays a drop-down list.
- Add. Clicking the add button will insert the formatted merge string into the text at the cursor location.
- Text. Enter the text to be shown on the report if this rating is attained.
- TIP: The text can be formatted in any way you wish, but it is highly recommended that if you cut and paste text from Word or another system that you Clear the Formatting (using the button in Row 2) and reformat it in this text editor. There is often a lot of hidden formatting in copied text.
- TIP2: The initial formatting will be specified by the merge string in the Word document. The formatting here will override that.
- Give the Segmentation Group a name. This name is internal to the system
- Number the Segmentation for ordering. Do not duplicate numbers. This number is used to refer to the Segmentation Group using the SegG parameter in the Feedback and Cohort reports.